5.04.2011

Have I mentioned I love my husband?

Because I do.  So very much.  :)

Last night I was looking through the different children available for adoption through Reece's Rainbow (like I do every week!) and came across the sweetest face ever:
This is 'Helen' - more information about her can be found here.

And of course, I instantly fell in love.  (I am blessed to fall in love quite often!)  What a sweet girl!  

So I tell my lovely husband who is in the next room watching television that if she is still an orphan by the time we are able to adopt (January 2012 at the earliest!) that I think we should go get her.

And he just looks at me and says, "Okay."  Okay, I think?  Just..."okay??"  I would love to say that I responded with the poise and grace befitting the fact that I am speaking with my dear beloved about something so important.  But no...no my friends.  This was not my shining marital moment.  Patience is a virtue that I struggle with frequently daily.  So I look at him in all my indignant glory and am like, "Uh, do you even want to see her??" And it is sooo obvious by the tone of my voice that I am offended that he brushed me off so quickly.

And then he said something that completely broke my heart in such a fantastic and necessary way.  Oh my.  My husband.  He just looks at me and says, "Does it matter?  She needs a home."

BAM.  Straight through my heart.  Of course, I am immediately guilty for getting annoyed with him so quickly.    But wow.  It just caught me completely off guard.  So rapidly blinking away tears I ran over and hugged him tightly since no words could top the absolute and unconditional love that he had just so casually uttered.

Goodness.  I am just endlessly blessed.  My crazy husband, who is rarely serious about anything, just taught me such an important lesson about what it means to truly love.  And I doubt he even knows it.  :)



Oh.  And I definitely hope that Miss 'Helen' is not still an orphan by the time we are looking to adopt.  I hope she has a family tomorrow!  I just want her to go to a family!



::EDIT::  As of today (Monday the 9th), Miss Helen has a tentative family!  WOW!  God works quickly!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole, I don't remember ever receiving your address. I still have your Matroshka Doll you won from ouy blog auction. My e-mail is missybrgr@msn.com Please forgive me for taking so long.

    Thanks,
    SheriB.

    ReplyDelete