12.18.2010

I Sing Noel

My husband shared a song with me today.
Knowing him, my beloved - the lover of Christmas and all things wintery and cold - and it being late December, I of course automatically assumed it would be a charming song about the wonders of the season and snow or something of that nature.  But when the music started, he looked into my eyes and said with genuine sincerity and conviction, "It reminds me of adoption."
As I listened to the lyrics, it broke my heart in such a lovely way.  He started talking about what the words meant to him and saw a tear stream down his face.  My big strong husband, so broken at the plight that orphans face not only at Christmas, but every day.
We have been talking about adoption seriously for over a year, but I think today I realized for the first time that although he isn't as vocal about our plans, that doesn't mean he isn't as passionate about coming to the aid of these precious children.

So here we are.  Waiting for God to reveal his plans for us to find our children.  Wherever they are.  :)
This is the story of our family in the making.

Oh.  And if you get a chance, listen to "I Sing Noel" by Bing Crosby.  We hope that some day soon there will be at least one less lonely child on Christmas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment